On Target for People and Planet: Setting and Achieving Water-Related Sustainable was written and produced for the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) while I was working as a senior science communicator for Econnect Communication.
I worked with managers and researchers from the IWMI and the institute’s partners to write the 56-page booklet. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a set of goals to end poverty and hunger and sustain the environment.
The objectives of the booklet are to:
- inform the people designing the SDGs of up-to-date scientific methods that can help countries set, measure and monitor national targets to achieve water-related SDGs
- make countries aware of recent insights and research results which could help them achieve water-related SDGs.
As manager of the project, my role included:
- liaising with the client based in The Netherlands
- allocating chapters to staff
- reading source material
- interviewing researchers and partners
- writing the text
- sourcing images
- seeking approval for all content
- designing and laying out the booklet.